Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wortspiel

Default Why does 12 pt font change to 14 pt when I cut and paste?

When cutting and pasting from a document that is in 12 pt to a document that
is also 12 pt, the cut and pasted passage is changed to 14 pt. I'm using
Word 2003 from Professional Edition 2003, academic edition.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:17:01 -0700, Wortspiel
wrote:

When cutting and pasting from a document that is in 12 pt to a document that
is also 12 pt, the cut and pasted passage is changed to 14 pt. I'm using
Word 2003 from Professional Edition 2003, academic edition.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wortspiel

Thanks for your reply, but Geez that's complex. I have been cutting and
pasting between these same two document for 3 months now without the change
of font happening. Over the weekend, I had to reinstall my operating system
and drivers and Office because of another problem, and now this cut and paste
problem popped up. There must be a simpler way to change the settings!

wrote:

When cutting and pasting from a document that is in 12 pt to a document that
is also 12 pt, the cut and pasted passage is changed to 14 pt. I'm using
Word 2003 from Professional Edition 2003, academic edition.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Yes, it is complicated. Word is complicated.
Lessons to be learned:

1) You need to be using styles rather than direct formatting in your
documents and templates. - So, when you want to change the formatting of
your text that is in the "Body Text" style, you want to change the
formatting of the style, not just the formatting of the text.

2) Under Tools Templates & Add-Ins the box to update styles should be left
unchecked!
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.