Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bozzer bozzer is offline

Default Office 2000 mail merge to labels

I am trying to do a mail merge and have tried other suggestions posted on
this discussion group. However, I am still having problems. It states,
"initiating DDE Link with microsoft excel", but doesn't do anything after
that...it just freezes. Anyone have the same problem or better yet solution?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try copying the data from the spreadsheet and pasting it into a new
spreadsheet. The original could be corrupt in some way.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bozzer" wrote in message
I am trying to do a mail merge and have tried other suggestions posted on
this discussion group. However, I am still having problems. It states,
"initiating DDE Link with microsoft excel", but doesn't do anything after
that...it just freezes. Anyone have the same problem or better yet
solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bozzer bozzer is offline

Hey Doug,

Tried that and it didn't work. I'm running this with xp pro...fwiw

"bozzer" wrote:

I am trying to do a mail merge and have tried other suggestions posted on
this discussion group. However, I am still having problems. It states,
"initiating DDE Link with microsoft excel", but doesn't do anything after
that...it just freezes. Anyone have the same problem or better yet solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you tried doing a check/repair on Office 2000 (you'll need the
install CDs) I think the option is in the Help menu?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

bozzer wrote:
I am trying to do a mail merge and have tried other suggestions posted on
this discussion group. However, I am still having problems. It states,
"initiating DDE Link with microsoft excel", but doesn't do anything after
that...it just freezes. Anyone have the same problem or better yet solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bozzer bozzer is offline

Hey Peter,

Haven't had a reason to do a mail merge until now. Did the check/repair
deal and it worked!!! Thanks a bunch!