Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Robert Robert is offline

Default Date and currency merging

Hi,

I have a problem. We are in the UK, and need to mailmerge a spreadsheet into
word 2007. The date and the currency are in the UK format in the spreadsheet,
and the computer is all in UK Region etc etc.

When I preview the mailmerged document the date goes into the USA format -
so in the spreadsheet the date is 1/3/09 but it's merged as 3/1/09.

Similarly the currency in the spreadsheet is 8.66 but it comes over as
8.669999999

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Many thanks in advance - I am pulling my hair out over this seemingly simple
issue!!!!

Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002/2003" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

For the currency formatting issue, see "Formatting Word fields with
switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP