Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sandra Sandra is offline

Default Need Save Date - Not Save Date & Time Field

What do I have to do to have Word automatically update my document with the
SaveDate and no time?

When I select Insert Field Categories (Date and Time) Field Names
(SaveDate) and select a date (not a time), Word automatically inserts the
time along with the date.

Is this because I selected "Date and Time" in the Categories field? I notice
when I select a Category of "All," and just "Date" as the field name, I still
get the date and time, even though I select just the date in the Date Format
field.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Add a picture switch to the SAVEDATE field.
If the save date were today, then:
{ SAVEDATE \@ "MMMM d, yyyy" } yields October 4, 2007
{ SAVEDATE \@ "M/d/yy" } yields 10/4/07
{ SAVEDATE \@ "MM/dd/yyyy" } yields 10/04/2007