Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
poppy poppy is offline

Default deleting pages of template

I created the first two pages of the template and want to delete the
remaining pages, so I can print or email the two pages I want to keep, but I
can't delete the pages. Anyone know if I can delete remaining pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:08:00 -0800, Poppy
wrote:

I created the first two pages of the template and want to delete the
remaining pages, so I can print or email the two pages I want to keep, but I
can't delete the pages. Anyone know if I can delete remaining pages?

Howdy,

No expert I, but...

Try selecting the page(s) you want and paste 'em into a new
doc. Then save that as a Template.

I suspect that would give you what you need.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
poppy poppy is offline

I tried to do that, but then the header outline popped up and all it did when
I tried to highlight the page was move the headers and the text boxes.
Thanks for your time trying to help. Much appreciated.

wrote:

I created the first two pages of the template and want to delete the
remaining pages, so I can print or email the two pages I want to keep, but I
can't delete the pages. Anyone know if I can delete remaining pages?

Howdy,

No expert I, but...

Try selecting the page(s) you want and paste 'em into a new
doc. Then save that as a Template.

I suspect that would give you what you need.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks. You will now be able to
delete any contents that you want to get rid of, including empty paragraphs
(a paragraph is indicated by a paragraph mark, ¶) and page or section
breaks. When you are done, press Ctrl+Shift+8 again to hide the nonprinting
marks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:

I created the first two pages of the template and want to delete the
remaining pages, so I can print or email the two pages I want to keep,
but I
can't delete the pages. Anyone know if I can delete remaining pages?

Howdy,

No expert I, but...

Try selecting the page(s) you want and paste 'em into a new
doc. Then save that as a Template.

I suspect that would give you what you need.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:33:30 +0100, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks. You will now be able to
delete any contents that you want to get rid of, including empty paragraphs
(a paragraph is indicated by a paragraph mark, ¶) and page or section
breaks. When you are done, press Ctrl+Shift+8 again to hide the nonprinting
marks.

Howdy,

PMJI, but should that be Ctrl+Shift+F8...?
^

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

No, it should be "8." Is it not working for you?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks. You will now be able to
delete any contents that you want to get rid of, including empty
paragraphs
(a paragraph is indicated by a paragraph mark, ¶) and page or section
breaks. When you are done, press Ctrl+Shift+8 again to hide the
nonprinting
marks.

Howdy,

PMJI, but should that be Ctrl+Shift+F8...?
^

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:59:05 +0100, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:

No, it should be "8." Is it not working for you?

My apologies... I am not the OP, (and so the PMJI) but I had
never heard of commands using numerical keys.

(I am backing away quietly...)
--
Kenneth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Actually, there are more shortcuts including numeric characters. For
example, you can use Ctrl+Alt+1 to apply the Heading 1 style to the
selection. And, to change line spacing, you can use Ctrl+1 (single), Ctrl+5
(1.5), Ctrl+2 (double).

For more on shortcuts, see Word Help or the relevant one of these articles:

Keyboard shortcuts for Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH060831551033

(Word 2003)

Keyboard shortcuts for Microsoft Office Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH100965071033

(Word 2007)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:

No, it should be "8." Is it not working for you?

My apologies... I am not the OP, (and so the PMJI) but I had
never heard of commands using numerical keys.

(I am backing away quietly...)
--
Kenneth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

No, I haven't reassigned Ctrl+Alt+2 and Ctrl+Alt+3 (or forgotten about them).
I was just too lazy to type them. :-) Besides, they are listed in the
referenced Help topic I linked to.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP