Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
unclemuffin unclemuffin is offline

Default Delete List Style

I am using Word 2007 and I have created a new List Style but cannot
get it to do what I want. I want my list to look like this:

Article I. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Section 1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Section 2. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Article II. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Section 1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

etc.

the best I can get using List Styles is:

Article I. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Section 01. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Section 02. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Article II. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Section 01. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have tried to change the Number Style for level 2 (the Section xx)
for the Style but the option is grayed out. I don't want the leading
zeros. How can I change the List style numbering?

Also I cannot find how to delete a list style once it has been
created.

Thanks,

Brent
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Dec 17, 4:52 pm, unclemuffin wrote:
[...]

I found out one solution. You need to uncheck the legal style
numbering box.

But I still cannot delete a list style even though checked "only this
document" when creating the style which i assume does not save the
style on the normal template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Custom (user-defined) list styles can be deleted via the Edit tab of the
Manage Styles dialog box. To access this dialog box, click the Manage Styles
button in the Styles pane, which you can display by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"unclemuffin" wrote:

[...]

Delete a Style Set from Word 2007 cmc Microsoft Word Help 3 January 27th 10 04:00 AM
how to delete recent document list? help i have 8 to delete Dolores Pray [email protected] New Users 3 February 5th 09 08:28 AM
Can't delete a style! Shandrio Microsoft Word Help 4 February 26th 06 11:47 PM
Style List lemeva Microsoft Word Help 3 June 17th 05 11:52 PM
Delete old style and formattings Tom New Users 1 May 19th 05 10:46 PM