Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stman stman is offline

Default Table style with paragraph style

(Word 2003 question--likely applies to other versions.)

When I create a table, which is based on a Table Style, the text in the
table does not contain any styles. ASAIK, it is just formatted according to
the font and paragraph settings defined in the table style.

I would like to have the text in my tables formatted with a Paragraph style,
so that when I create a table, the text is not only formatted as defined in
the table style, but formatted according to an actual Paragraph style. The
advantage I see with this is that if I want to globally change some aspect of
the table text, rather than modify the various Table styles I use, I can just
modify a single Paragraph style.

What I am currently doing is creating the tables, which have no Paragraph
styles, then selecting the table and applying a Paragraph style to all the
text. Is there any way to automate that by creating a Table style with an
associated Paragraph style applied?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I also prefer to use my own paragraph styles for table text. I don't know of
a way to apply them along with the table styles. You should be able to write
a macro to apply the style to all tables in a document.

PamC

stman wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

No macro is needed. Create an example table with the desired formatting,
apply paragraph styles to cells, and then create an AutoText entry. In the
future, whenever you want to create that kind of table, insert the AutoText.

For more on AutoText, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

stman wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stman stman is offline

I dont see how AutoText can create a table. Are you referring to Tools
AutoCorrect Options AutoText in Word 2003? Isnt this a simple €śtype and
replace€ť function for text only?

But, thank you, I did get my answer to the question €ścan Table styles
incorporate Paragraph styles€ť €“ no.

stman wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't see how AutoText can create a table. Are you referring to Tools
AutoCorrect Options AutoText in Word 2003? Isn't this a simple "type and
replace" function for text only?

No. Did you read the referenced article? You can save just about anything as
an AutoText entry.

"stman" wrote in message
I don't see how AutoText can create a table. Are you referring to Tools
AutoCorrect Options AutoText in Word 2003? Isn't this a simple "type and
replace" function for text only?

But, thank you, I did get my answer to the question "can Table styles
incorporate Paragraph styles" - no.