Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cynjor312

Default EXTRA PAGE

Have a form that is 9 pages, that will be filled in online. Place form field
in a table, set options, etc. I notice that when I type in the form field,
when it goes to the next line, it creates an extra blank page making the
document longer than it already is. when the form is printed the blank page
prints as well. My supervisor mentioned there may be a hard page break set
somewhere. What can i do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

The problem is that each table in Word is followed by a paragraph
mark; if there is no room for the paragraph mark, Word adds a new page
for it. You can work around this by selecting the paragraph mark
following the last table in the document and format it to 1pt and/or
"Hidden" (Font tab of FormatFont).

You may want to display nonprinting characters to make this task
easier. Just click the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

Also note that, in order to get more control over your form fields,
you should format the cells containing them to have fixed dimensions.
Although doing so won't prevent users from entering "too much" text
into the fields, it will limit the amount of text that displays and
prints.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP