Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nancy S Nancy S is offline

Default Recently used file list is not available; how do open it to click

I am trying to show the Recently used file list in both Word and Excel but
the check box is grayed out. How do I make it available to check it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you used TweakUI or another registry hack to turn off the Recent
Documents display in the Start menu, that also turned off the setting
in Office programs. You'll have to go back to TweakUI and turn it on.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 04:19:02 -0700, Nancy S Nancy
wrote:

I am trying to show the Recently used file list in both Word and Excel but
the check box is grayed out. How do I make it available to check it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nancy S Nancy S is offline

Default Recently used file list is not available; how do open it to cl

Thanks, for both Word and Excel the functionality disappeared when my PC was
upgraded. I will try and find "TweakUI" - what is that actually?
Nancy

wrote:

I am trying to show the Recently used file list in both Word and Excel but
the check box is grayed out. How do I make it available to check it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

TweakUI is one of the Windows PowerToys, a set of add-on utilities from
Microsoft
(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...owertoys.mspx).
It gives you a point-and-click way to make changes in the registry that
affect some of the things that happen in Windows, including the Recent
Documents list.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman