guru perplexe

Default Help function

Hi,

I formerly used Word 2000, with which I could use the right click on any
field to get a pop-up explaining its use. Or I could press F1 and get the
help panel.
With Word 2003, the right click seems to have no effect regarding help. And
yes, I can use F1, but not when another window is already open, for example
when I select a style, right-click it and choose edit.
I just can't believe that the Office 2003 help works so badly, I must have
missed something !

Thanks for your help ...
TF

I understand your frustration. I can assure you that the developers are
quite aware that the changes in Help are not an improvement. We also miss
the little Question Mark icon in dialogs that gave context sensitive pops
ups of items in the dialog, but that went too. The information is available,
but it is FAR less convenient.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/