Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HHM HHM is offline

Default styles window default settings

I'm using Word 2007.
Is there a way to change the default settings for the Styles Window? The
default setting is for only "Recommended" styles to show, but I'd like to
have "All styles" show every time I open this Styles Window. I'd also like to
have the styles sorted Alphabetically, but this is not the default viewing
order. Is there any way to change these defaults so I don't have to make
these changes every time?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee [MSFT] Renee [MSFT] is offline

At the bottom of the Styles pane there is an Options link.
Click on that to bring up the options for the Style pane.
Set your Select Styles to show to All Styles and your sort to Alphabetical.
At the bottom of the dialog, select "New documents based on this template"
OK out of the dialog.

This sets it for default docs based on Normal. If you routinely use other
templates, you'll have to follow these steps for each template.
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daniel Daniel is offline

"Renee [MSFT]" wrote:

At the bottom of the Styles pane there is an Options link.
Click on that to bring up the options for the Style pane.
Set your Select Styles to show to All Styles and your sort to Alphabetical.
At the bottom of the dialog, select "New documents based on this template"
OK out of the dialog.

This sets it for default docs based on Normal. If you routinely use other
templates, you'll have to follow these steps for each template.
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Renee,

Sorry, but I couldn't get your instructions to work for me. In fact when
selecting "new docs based on this template" it always reverts to "only in
this document".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?RGFuaWVs?=,

Try opening your Normal.dot template, then performing the steps?

At the bottom of the Styles pane there is an Options link.
Click on that to bring up the options for the Style pane.
Set your Select Styles to show to All Styles and your sort to Alphabetical.
At the bottom of the dialog, select "New documents based on this template"
OK out of the dialog.

This sets it for default docs based on Normal. If you routinely use other
templates, you'll have to follow these steps for each template.
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Renee,

Sorry, but I couldn't get your instructions to work for me. In fact when
selecting "new docs based on this template" it always reverts to "only in
this document".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org