Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dru Dru is offline

Default Show/Hide

Formatting options through the Show/Hide function are defaulted in my Word
and Outlook programs. I don't use the Show/Hide function at all.

As of right now, I deselect the Show/Hide option on my toolbar or through
View/Options in each individual Doc/e-Mail I open.

Does anyone know how to permanently turn the formatting symbols off (through
default)?

Thanks for your help...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The situation you describe isn't totally clear, but you can turn on or
off the display of each kind of non-printing character (tabs,
paragraph marks, spaces, hidden text, etc.) in the Display Options
(which you get at in different ways in different versions of Word).
These settings are not overridden by the Show/Hide button -- if
they're set to "Show," then they show even if you deselect the Show/
Hide button.

If everything goes away when you click the Show/Hide button, then
presumably you need to deselect it in your normal.dot(x) template.

On Nov 30, 6:45*pm, Dru wrote:
Formatting options through the Show/Hide function are defaulted in my Word
and Outlook programs. I don't use the Show/Hide function at all.

As of right now, I deselect the Show/Hide option on my toolbar or through
View/Options in each individual Doc/e-Mail I open.

Does anyone know how to permanently turn the formatting symbols off (through
default)?

Thanks for your help...

Clicking Show/Hide Button still can't hide the arrows-formatting m cute mouse Microsoft Word Help 1 June 10th 07 04:27 AM
TOC field codes will not hide when commanded by HIDE/SHOW tile. RECONSMITH Microsoft Word Help 1 February 22nd 07 09:24 PM
Show/Hide cewclw Microsoft Word Help 3 December 19th 06 02:54 PM
Show/Hide Peg K Microsoft Word Help 7 May 23rd 06 09:19 PM
the tab indication doesn't show via Show/Hide ¶ button Jack Microsoft Word Help 2 December 4th 04 10:07 PM