Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PEDRAM PEDRAM is offline

Default In Word 2007 cant't save shared files

Hi
Im a Office Administrator in a company
Since i installed office 2007 i can't save shared files
that opend from server and there is an error:
"This files in currently in use,try again later"
and when i close it ,it makes one or two TMP file .
what should i do now ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Pedram,

Can you clarify what you mean by 'shared files'? Word doesn't support simultaneous editing of documents. Word uses a lot of temp
files in the way it works. Some are content, others are to prevent accidental overwriting of a file someone else is using.

Is the file one that starts with a ~ character and is the same name as the file?

What permissions do the users have in the folders where these are appearing?

Are these on a network drive or a local machine?

===============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DRHUMP DRHUMP is offline

I get the same error. I can save the files to a network share that I have all
rights too and when I modify the file or try to save it again the error
"filename The file is in use. Please try again later. Some of my clients
get the error when trying to save to the C:\ as well.
The network is a 2003 R2 domain with UNC share paths mapped with script on
logon. Any help on this one is really appreciated. I have tried disabling
offline files. No Help.
--
DRHUMP

"PEDRAM" wrote:

Hi
Im a Office Administrator in a company
Since i installed office 2007 i can't save shared files
that opend from server and there is an error:
"This files in currently in use,try again later"
and when i close it ,it makes one or two TMP file .
what should i do now ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DRHUMP DRHUMP is offline

In my case the problem was Bit Defender Anti-Virus. Remove the Anti-Virus and
the error is gone as well as all the temp files that is created when trying
to save. I have notified Bit Defender of the issue and trying to get resolve.
--
DRHUMP