Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tiffyjo Tiffyjo is offline

Default Using F9 to update fields

(Word 2003) I am wondering if there is a way to stay in the same spot in
your document after using F9 to update the fields. I've found out how to
return to the last place you made changes and created a macro button using
that; however, we have some documents created using automatic numbering and
when I scroll through the doc and see that the numbering needs to be updated,
I want to be able to update the fields, but stay in the same spot in my doc.
The macro I created doesn't necessarily work in this circumstance because I
have not actually made any changes yet; I've just noticed right away that the
numbering needs to be updated. If I just hit F9, it always takes me back to
the beginning of my doc and then I have to scroll all the way through it to
get back to where I was.

Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe have a macro such as the following and assign it to a keystroke?

Sub UpdateFieldsAndMoveOn()
Dim r As Word.Range
Set r = Selection.Range
r.Fields.Update