Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CPO Tom G CPO Tom G is offline

Default update list of tables in table of contents

i have a document that was created in Word 2003 and has been reviewed and
modified by several different persons.
My new laptop has Word 2007.
I am not able to update the List of Tables, the list of figures, and the
table of contents.
Must I have delete every caption and create new captions?
The 2007 Office suite is the absolute worse product I have ever encountered!
Evidently the folks at micorsoft don't understand that if something isn't
broke, it doesn't need to be fixed!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So when you right-click somewhere in the ToC, the LoT, or the LoF and
choose Update, what happens?

If they didn't "fix" it, they couldn't claim it was a giant step
forward that everyone needed to buy.