Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default TOC Problem

There are, as you know, often several Schedules at the end of legal
documents; e.g., Schedule A, Schedule B, Schedule C, etc.

How do I get the page number in the Table of Contents to read A-1, B-1, C-1,
etc.?

I ran across a document today in which all of the page numbers for the
schedules at the end of the TOC were just "1" which is so silly looking. I
somehow feel that by this time I should know the answer--but I don't. I
tried bookmarking the Letter in the schedules and placing a reference field
in the footer beside the page number but that didn't work.

I give up! Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.
Although this may not appear related, it deals with the same issue that is
required to insert "chapter numbers" in the page numbers (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm).