Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tsirote

Default Why won't my clipboard paste into my document?

I copy to my clipboard. I open a new document, my copied items are still
there but when I click on them to paste nothing happens. It worked fine
until a couple of days ago. I tried getting help from our IT dept but they
said they didn't know. So....anyone with any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chief2823

I have that problem when I cross documents. i.e. copy from a web page to the
clipboard. What I found that works is to open Wordpad first and minimize it.
Then I copy the info into the wordpad blank document. I save it. Then I open
Word, and then I open the saved info that is a wordpad document into regular
MS Word.
I know this doesn't answer your question, I don't have a problem going from
a full document, to the clipboard, then to another word document. However, I
can copy from the web, other documents etc., with wordpad. I wonder if the
format for the clipboard is screwed up?.....It's all a mystery to me
sometimes, I have question posted and haven't gotten any answers yet either.
Good luck! Chief2823