Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stressed in Tampa Stressed in Tampa is offline

Default caption numbering

I am moving some figures around a document and putting them all in an
appendix. When I add captions, the numbering goes crazy. Figure 1, is fine.
Figure 2 looks good initially - then changes to Figure 3 - throwing off the
remaining figure numbers. I can go back and update field, which last until I
add the next figure.

I would certainly appreciate any insight that anyone can provide. Thanks
for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you tracking changes? If so, numbering will not be stable (or correct)
till you Accept All Changes.

"Stressed in Tampa" wrote in
message ...