Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
John Nurick John Nurick is offline

Default DocVariable fields adjacent to end of cell marks display wrongly

G'day all,

I'm setting up a contract template and using document variables to capture
(via a UserForm) and store various names, addresses, etc. that appear at
different places in the document.

When I put a multi-line string into a document variable (e.g. "27 Acacia
Avenue" & vbCr & "Croydon CR99 9XX" & vbCr & "United Kingdom") and display it
with a DOCVARIABLE field in a table cell, the field value displays on a
single line with 'little square boxes' where the paragraph breaks should be.

So far the only way I can stop this is to put a paragraph mark between the
field and the end-of-cell marker, which of course creates a blank line which
spoils the layout.

Any solutions?

(BTW, using CR+LF instead of just CR doesn't solve the single-line problem,
just adds to the number of 'little square boxes'.)
--
John Nurick
Microsoft Access MVP

Can I set display color of formatting marks? Matthias Microsoft Word Help 6 January 22nd 07 03:25 PM
Supress blank lines Jan Mailmerge 5 March 6th 06 03:52 PM
Cell borders in a Table do not display on the monitor screen Bo_Jack Tables 1 March 5th 06 10:49 PM
paragraph marks don't display properly Xi Shi Microsoft Word Help 1 December 5th 05 03:27 AM
Fields only display the code not the data!! Paula Microsoft Word Help 3 September 13th 05 03:53 AM