Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Section breaks in Mail Merged Document

Default Deleting Multiple Section breaks

While am trying to Mail Merge a .TXt file contaning names and phone numbers,
Word is generating section break after every line.

On Office 98, we used to replace ^b with ^p to clear the section breaks.

How do I do that on Office 2003? This method is not working. The only method
that works is to delete each section break manually which will take a lot of
time in a big document.

Please help.

Thanks

Tulika
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Tulika,

The method you describe should work fine. You could try:
- a different machine.
- Help | Detact and repair...
- renaming your Normal.dot.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Section breaks in Mail Merged Document" wrote:

While am trying to Mail Merge a .TXt file contaning names and phone numbers,
Word is generating section break after every line.

On Office 98, we used to replace ^b with ^p to clear the section breaks.

How do I do that on Office 2003? This method is not working. The only method
that works is to delete each section break manually which will take a lot of
time in a big document.

Please help.

Thanks

Tulika

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

If you choose a merge document type of "Directory" you shouldn't get the
section breaks in the first place.

--
Enjoy,
Tony