Jen M

Default Automatic Table of Contents Question

Anyone know of a way to set up an automatic Table of Contents when the style
for the Section Headers is outside of the main text flow?
We have the Section Headers in a separate text box to the left of each new
section, and it seems like Word is not seeing them...
Thoughts?
Stefan Blom

Convert the text boxes to frames, and Word will see them for TOC
purposes. You do this on the Text Box tab of the Format Text Box
dialog box: just press the Convert to frame button. You can even
include frame formatting with your heading style, which would make it
very easy to apply "framed" paragraphs.

--
Stefan Blom

"Jen M" Jen wrote in message
Anyone know of a way to set up an automatic Table of Contents when

the style
for the Section Headers is outside of the main text flow?
We have the Section Headers in a separate text box to the left of

each new
section, and it seems like Word is not seeing them...
Thoughts?

Jen M

Thanks, I didn't know about that! The other problem, which I had forgotten
about, is that those same Section Headers are also in the Header/Footer
section, which the TOC also doesn't seem to see...any workaround you know of
for that?