Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
smiddybrae smiddybrae is offline

Default How do I hide the formatting symbols?

"Doug" wrote:

I suddenly have all of these symbols everywhere in my document. I'm assuming
that they're formatting symbols. How do I hide them? They're too distracting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Control+8 or click the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar (or Home tab of the
Ribbon if using 2007).

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/18/09 5:33 AM, in article
, "smiddybrae"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote:

I suddenly have all of these symbols everywhere in my document. I'm assuming
that they're formatting symbols. How do I hide them? They're too distracting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

True, but I don't think the ShowAll button (the Pilcrow or shortcut) is the
problem here. The user says he has managed to rid the paragraph symbols but
now still sees the spaces (dots) between characters. Logically, it cannot be
the ShowAll button so must be the individual 'Spaces' setting under Word
Options | Display tab.

Terry Farrell

wrote:

"Doug" wrote:

I suddenly have all of these symbols everywhere in my document. I'm
assuming that they're formatting symbols. How do I hide them?
They're too distracting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Yeah, I've finally gotten to the point where my fingers work faster than my
mind does... the Shift key isn't a part of the Mac keystroke & I hit Send
before I realized the omission %-} Thanks for the catch!

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac