Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aussiejohn

Default Underlining

All my entries to Word get underlined. Whilst I can rectify this each time,
how do I return to 'normal' ??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

As in a regular underline or with a red or green squiggly line?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"aussiejohn" wrote in message
All my entries to Word get underlined. Whilst I can rectify this each
time,
how do I return to 'normal' ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Two possibilities:

1. If all the text you type in a new document is underlined and text remains
black, chances are that you've inadvertently changed the default font to be
underlined. In the Format | Font dialog, clear the underline formatting and
then click the Default... button in the lower left corner and answer yes.

2. If new text you type in any document is underlined and (probably) changes
color, then you have Track Changes enabled. Turn it off and accept all the
changes in the document.