MFSICS

Default How do I display letterhead on screen but not print it

Is there a way of displaying our company letterhead on screen, but using our
printed letterhead to print, ie not printing the letterhead that appears on
screen.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

One way would be to scan or otherwise produce your letterhead content so you
can put it into Word's first-page header or footer (see File - Page Setup -
Layout - Different First Page). Then, select just the letterhead material
(which might be a graphic, graphic + text, or just text), and choose
Format - Font - and tick the Hidden option.

Next, in Tools - Options - View, tick the Hidden text option so that the
letterhead material will display onscreen (except in Print Preview).
Finally, in Tools - Options - Print, make sure that Hidden text is NOT
checked under Include with document.

Now, your letterhead will display in Print Layout, but will not print (and
hence, can't display in Print Preview).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
"MFSICS" wrote in message
Is there a way of displaying our company letterhead on screen, but using
our
printed letterhead to print, ie not printing the letterhead that appears
on
screen.

Charles Kenyon

Note, though, that the hidden text will _not_ take up space on the printed
version, either. So, you will need something taking up the space that does
print, even if in white.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"MFSICS" wrote in message
Is there a way of displaying our company letterhead on screen, but using
our
printed letterhead to print, ie not printing the letterhead that appears
on
screen.

hennie

There may be a way to do it. Format your letterhead as hidden. This
will mean that you need to have "show all " activated.

There is one draw back to this method as when you configure your print
option not to print hidden text everything move upwards to compensate
for the missing section.

The solution to this would be too create a text box that contain your
letterhead and format it as hidden. Set the textbox line to no line in
the Format textbox form.

Start the rest of the letter below the text box.

I hope this helps.

Hennie