Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
blautopf blautopf is offline

Default How do I stop Word from putting web addresses in color in my text.

I am writing a paper in which I am required to reference facts to a source.
When I put the source in my reference list, the reference changes to blue and
is underlined. The underlining is particularly troubling since it covers up
any underscoring in the reference. How do I get Word to show my "https" in
black and white and without the underlining?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

From Help:

1.. On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options, and then click the
AutoFormat As You Type tab.
2.. Under Replace as you type, select or clear the Internet and network
paths with hyperlinks check box.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"blautopf" wrote in message
I am writing a paper in which I am required to reference facts to a source.
When I put the source in my reference list, the reference changes to blue
and
is underlined. The underlining is particularly troubling since it covers
up
any underscoring in the reference. How do I get Word to show my "https"
in
black and white and without the underlining?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you want the hyperlinks to remain working, change the format of the
Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles to remove the underline and/or
colouring. from the font configuration.