Marcel

Default Need random name generator to create unique bookmark names.

Hi,

I have to create unique bookmark names throughout different word documents.
Afterwards it must be possible that the documents can be combined in any
order or combination without name conflicts between the bookmarks.

Does anyone has a random name/number generator that I can use or another
solution?

Regards,

Marcel

Word Heretic

G'day "Marcel" ,

Essentially you use a Static variable to hold CurrentUniqueExtension
as Long, increment it each time, test if the suggested bookmark
exists, if it does, increment again until it doesn't.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Marcel reckoned: