Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Wrapping text around sections

I have a large document with very strict formatting requirements. The
document is going to be made up of text, tables, and figures. Each figure and
table needs to appear on its own page following the first reference to that
figure or table. I am using captions and cross-references to number the
tables and figures. All of the tables and some of the figures are landscape
orientation and the remainder of the document is portrait.

So far, I have created a new section for the tables and figures using Next
Page section breaks. This works well except when the figure page needs to be
within a paragraph or when edits are made before the section break causing
the section break to move creating a semi-blank page.

Is there any way that I can have the text of the document wrap around the
section that I have created for the tables and figures? Ideally with the
table or figure anchored to the reference (this might be asking for too
much!).

Im using Word 2007.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Geoff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?R2VvZmY=?=,

Is there any way that I can have the text of the document wrap around the
section that I have created for the tables and figures? Ideally with the
table or figure anchored to the reference (this might be asking for too
much!).

No, I'm afraid Word just doesn't support "wrapping" text around section (or
for that matter) page breaks. It requires manual editing.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Text-wrapping dpd346 Microsoft Word Help 3 August 13th 08 07:08 PM
text wrapping staciern Microsoft Word Help 5 May 24th 08 02:52 PM
Text Wrapping Dig Microsoft Word Help 4 August 29th 06 11:51 PM
Some Text Not Wrapping klam Tables 2 February 3rd 06 04:16 PM
layout wrapping text around text boxes in word 2000 Ozzy Page Layout 1 August 11th 05 03:18 PM