Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mark B Mark B is offline

Default Page Break based on merge field

Is there anyway to automatically force a page break in a label mail merge
based upon a field in the merge file changing?

eg. 30 records in my merge file. the last field has the number 1, 2 or 3,
based upon which group a person is in. The merge file is sorted by group, so
all the 1's 2's and 3's are togther. I want the label to page break when that
field changes from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3.

Any clues? THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Mark,

You could use a compound field coded like:
{IF{MERGEREC}= 1 {SET OldVal {MERGEFIELD Data}} {IF{MERGEFIELD Data}= {OldVal} "" "{SET OldVal {MERGEFIELD Data}}¶"}}
where you replace the '¶' with a page-break and 'Data' is the name of the field containing the number 1, 2 or 3.

The field braces in the above are all created in pairs via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them in.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]