Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Red Red is offline

Default Mailmerge % format

I have percents in my excel database and I want them to mail merge into Word
but they don't stay percents. I need a Switch that will merge my percent
data. For example I have 3.00% in excel and when I merge it into Word, I
want it to show as 3.00%. Please help. thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If your existing field is something like

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber }

(use Alt-F9 to toggle the field code/field result display)

and the result you are seeing is something like "3", then
a. delete any "switches" like \*Mergeformat
b. type in a switch like \#"0.00%" so you have

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#"0.00%" }

However, I think it is more likely that you are seeing something like
0.03, in which case you need to multiply by 100 first, e.g.

{ ={ MERGEFIELD mynumber }*100 \#"0.00%" }

Both sets of field code braces {} need to be the sort you can insert
using ctrl-F9, not the ones you enter directly on the keyboard.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Red wrote:
I have percents in my excel database and I want them to mail merge into Word
but they don't stay percents. I need a Switch that will merge my percent
data. For example I have 3.00% in excel and when I merge it into Word, I
want it to show as 3.00%. Please help. thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Red Red is offline

Peter, I can't thank you enough! I had tried for hours to get this to work
using that formula but I was missing one thing that you told me about, that
the brackets needed to be entered by using control + F9! Thanks so much!

Red wrote:
I have percents in my excel database and I want them to mail merge into Word
but they don't stay percents. I need a Switch that will merge my percent
data. For example I have 3.00% in excel and when I merge it into Word, I
want it to show as 3.00%. Please help. thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

My pleasure, Red.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Red wrote:
I have percents in my excel database and I want them to mail merge into Word
but they don't stay percents. I need a Switch that will merge my percent
data. For example I have 3.00% in excel and when I merge it into Word, I
want it to show as 3.00%. Please help. thank you!

Number Format in Mailmerge Jay Mailmerge 1 January 17th 09 08:14 PM
address format in mailmerge FS Mailmerge 2 July 24th 08 09:28 PM
Format numbers from mailmerge JPH Mailmerge 1 January 24th 07 02:36 PM
Mailmerge date format Ocean Mailmerge 5 April 9th 06 06:28 PM
MailMerge format Dean Mailmerge 0 January 28th 05 02:47 PM