Tom Smith

Default Colors in Org Chart

Word 2003 under Win2000 pro.

I used Insert|Diagram . . . to put an organizational chart into a document.
The boxes in the chart show up on the screen, and print, in a blue color on
a color printer; as a sort of grey on a B/W (laser) printer. Is there a way
the colors can be changed--I'd actually prefer plain white.

Thx. TomS

Luc

Tom,
Select a box, choose Format - AutoShape - on the colors and lines tab - next
to color choose the arrow and apply no fill.
No with the box still selected, double click on the format painter in the
standard toolbar, click on the other boxes. Click again on the format
painter to return to normal behaviour.
Luc
"Tom Smith" schreef in bericht
Word 2003 under Win2000 pro.

I used Insert|Diagram . . . to put an organizational chart into a
document.
The boxes in the chart show up on the screen, and print, in a blue color
on
a color printer; as a sort of grey on a B/W (laser) printer. Is there a
way
the colors can be changed--I'd actually prefer plain white.

Thx. TomS

Tom Smith

Hi, and thanks to both Chuck and Luc. What worked for me was the following:
Select one box in the drawing (there were 10 boxes), then using Fill Color
from the Drawing toolbar, select No Fill. Then select others, 1 by 1, and
use F4.

My problem was that I was looking for a way to select the entire diagram and
wipe out the fill on all the boxes. That didn't seem to work.

Again, my thanks for getting pushed to an answer that works. Tom