Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Andrew@Undercover Andrew@Undercover is offline

Default How do I add pages to a Word doc w linked text boxes (a booklet)?

I have a document with linked text boxes. It's in landscape view with 2
columns so that it is folded in half to form a small booklet. Is there a
Wizard or how do I add more linked pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Add another page to the document, Insert a Text Box on that page and link
from the previous one to it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Andrew@Undercover" wrote in
message ...
I have a document with linked text boxes. It's in landscape view with 2
columns so that it is folded in half to form a small booklet. Is there a
Wizard or how do I add more linked pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word, you will have to manually add a page break (for example by pressing
Ctrl+Enter), insert more text boxes, and then manually link them.

Note, however, that you don't need linked text boxes to create a booklet in
Word; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...etPrinting.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Andrew@Undercover" wrote in message
I have a document with linked text boxes. It's in landscape view with 2
columns so that it is folded in half to form a small booklet. Is there a
Wizard or how do I add more linked pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To add to what Stefan has said (a) there is a hard limit of 32 linked text
boxes in a Word document, (b) just adding a page with a text box at the end
won't help if you're creating a booklet; you'd have to insert four pages,
and you'd have to insert them at the correct places. For example, suppose
you have an eight-page booklet and want to add a page. The current
page/sheet layout is as follows:

8 and 1
2 and 7

6 and 3
4 and 5

For a 12-page booklet, you'd need to have this layout:

12 and 1
2 and 11

10 and 3
4 and 9

8 and 5
6 and 7

You can see that you would have to do a lot of wholesale rearranging just to
add a page. It is much easier to use Word's built-in "book fold" feature if
it is available to you; otherwise, as Stefan says, the method described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm is more efficient.