Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rschmid rschmid is offline

Default AUTO ENTER DATE IN WORD 2007

In 2003, you would begin to type the date and a tip would pop up and if you
pressed enter it would insert the date, in 2007 on some pc at my work place
that is still working, type the first few letters of the month, press enter,
press space, enter and the entire date will be inserted. The problem is that
it doesn't work like that on each computer. Now all computers are imaged the
same and were upgraded to office 2007 at the same time. I have looked at
word options and compared one pc setting to another and I can't see that
anything is different. Why, is that sometimes this works and sometimes it
doesn't?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On a computer where AutoComplete doesn't work, try this: Press Alt+F11 to
display the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate
window. Type

Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = True

and press Enter. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP