Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lja lja is offline

Default watermark

I want to use a watermark that is only partially washedout. It is too dark
if not washed out and too light if washed out. Is it possible to vary the
amount of fading or washout? thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:22:02 -0700, LJA
wrote:

I want to use a watermark that is only partially washedout. It is too dark
if not washed out and too light if washed out. Is it possible to vary the
amount of fading or washout? thank you

A "watermark" is nothing more or less than a picture whose anchor is
in the header pane. The watermark designation is just a way for Word
to make it easy to insert one. After it's there, you can modify it
like any other picture.

These directions are for Word 2003 or earlier. The idea is similar for
Word 2007 but the tools are in different places.

Open the header pane (double-click in the header area, or use View
Header) and select the watermark. You'll see a floating Picture
toolbar. Click the Increase Contrast button and the Decrease
Brightness button until the picture has the appearance you want. Then
double-click in the body of the text to close the header pane.

In Word 2007, there are Brightness and Contrast buttons on the Picture
Tools Format ribbon that appears when the picture is selected.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lja lja is offline

Thanks so much! I have 2007. When I played with contrast and brightness,
the white background became grey. Anything I can do about that? thanks
again - this site is great! Louise

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Word's image manipulation tools aren't very sophisticated, so there isn't
much you can do there to fix the background. I'd suggest that you get a good
graphics editor (for example, try the free Paint.net from
http://www.getpaint.net/) and modify a copy of the original picture until it
looks the way you want. Then insert that into Word's header without any
"watermark" contrast or brightness adjustments.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Before changing the brightness and contrast, change the Color setting from
Washout to Automatic.

wrote:

[...]

How to remove watermark liked, but not watermark, text? Kam127 Microsoft Word Help 6 December 17th 09 11:59 AM
watermark Dhales Microsoft Word Help 1 March 9th 06 06:01 PM
I need a WATERMARK ON CERTAIN PAGES and nO WATERMARK ON OTHERS. psushu Microsoft Word Help 2 March 8th 06 04:29 PM
Watermark? Suzanne S. Barnhill Page Layout 0 January 3rd 06 04:25 AM
How do you remove watermark in doc if no watermark is selected? Yin Microsoft Word Help 1 September 20th 05 10:28 PM