Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Default 'FILLIN' fields keep prompting. How to stop this once filled in?

I have the following field in a document template that I am working on, along
with several other 'FILLIN' fields.

{FILLIN "Enter the spool connection details ie. Spool 01/02 WN to SW" \o
\* MERGEFORMAT }

I would like to have the completed document ask the user for the variable
'FILLIN' fields, then not have them keep prompting for the FILLIN whenever
using print preview, print, save or open the saved document.

Is there a way to fo this, or is there a better field that will ask for data
once, then insert the text without re-propmpting?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A little bit different implementation, but you might be happy with
MacroButton NoMacro fields; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm. Since the
entered text overwrites the field, it becomes part of the ordinary text of
the document; there is no field left.

"Mark" wrote in message
I have the following field in a document template that I am working on,

along
with several other 'FILLIN' fields.

{FILLIN "Enter the spool connection details ie. Spool 01/02 WN to SW" \o
\* MERGEFORMAT }

I would like to have the completed document ask the user for the variable
'FILLIN' fields, then not have them keep prompting for the FILLIN whenever
using print preview, print, save or open the saved document.

Is there a way to fo this, or is there a better field that will ask for

data
once, then insert the text without re-propmpting?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Default 'FILLIN' fields keep prompting. How to stop this once filled i

The NoMacro field is not what I am looking for. What I want to create is the
template to open a new document that prompts the user to enter certain key
information that will not change throughout the report. Other sections will
then need to be filled in by hand.

For instance:

1. The user opens a new document and chooses the template
2. The template creates the base document, then prompts the user to include:
a) Location
b) Name of vessel
c) Client
d) Job description
e) Task number
3. The user, after completing these variables, then completes the remainder
of the report by hand
4. The completed document is formatted in the company standard form,
complete with logo etc.

Is there a way to do this without the continual prompting for reentry that
word gives when previewing, opening or saving?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Suzanne, that does the trick! Thank you for taking the time to help out.

Regards,
Mark

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What you want, then, is a UserForm; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

How would I now include a combobox for bookmarks that require one of a set
series of inputs to be included in the document?

For Instance, can a combo box be included as .Bookmarks("Text3").Range _?
And if so, how do I go about it?

With ActiveDocument
.Bookmarks("Text1").Range _
.InsertBefore TextBox1
.Bookmarks("Text2").Range _
.InsertBefore TextBox2
End With

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What you want, then, is a UserForm; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.userforms

You may want to move this question to the
microsoft.public.word.vba.userforms NG, to which I am cross-posting this
message.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What you want, then, is a UserForm; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm