Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
An American Roundeye An American Roundeye is offline

Default Tabs in Word Forms

I have a problem I can't figure out. I have built a form that will be used
as a template for project managers. I have sections in the form that are
locked, through which the user tabs and enters information into the form.
Other sections are unlocked so the user can enter free form comments and
text. Since this is built in a table, when you hit the tab key in these
unlocked sections, it immediately inserts a new line in the table/form and
moves the focus to that new cell.

I want the tab function to work so it will move from one cell to the
existing cell in the form, allowing the user to tab to the next cell that
requires free form text entry.

Is there a simple way to do this? Or even a hard way that will be
transparent to the user?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I believe you can do this by overriding the NextCell command. For
assistance, ask in a programming newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP