Jacob

Default Header and Footer

In my job's manual, we have a revision date at teh bottom. Typically it is
typed in the main text which causes problems. Is there a way to insert an
element, or text, in the footer without affecting the other pages in that
section? Right now if i insert text, it will affect all the documents in that
section.

The only solution i can think of is to separate each page into a different
section. The only problem is that each page in teh manual is a different
guideline taht has to be revised from time to time and this could be tedious
and time consuming. Any ideas?
Jezebel

Method 1: put it in a textbox that is anchored to the page heading (not the
header) -- that way it is still part of the body of the page, and thus
independent of other pages, but will not interfere with the layout of the
page. You could position the textbox so that it appears to be part of the
footer.

Method 2: add it as hidden text to the body of the page, then use a styleref
field in the footer.

Method 3: don't bother. Numerous research projects have shown that
page-level document control is a waste of time. It may gratify your
anal-obsessive internal auditors, but it does nothing whatever for safety,
security, or risk management.