Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DNDELL DNDELL is offline

Default First Mail Merge - Everything great, but no Merge to Electronic Ma

Hi, I'm trying a merge for the first time using Word 2003 (intent is the
equivalent of a bulk email mailing - count too high for a bulk list).
Following an online script from Office Online. Everything's great, Outlook
Contacts selected, Letter written with inserts. Previews look good. Where
I'm stuck is in sending the Test Message. I select Electronic Mail, and then
"current record". But it then prompts me with a field chooser for the "to"
line, which I don't understand. If I select "email_address", it then says
"Microsoft Office has found more than one mailto:". I thought I told Office
the email address when I selected the Contact. Clearly I'm missing
something. Please help & Thanks,
David
--
XP Pro SP3, Office 2003 Standard Edition for Students & Teachers, Outlook
2003 for Students & Teachers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The merge to e-mail tool will attempt to select the field that contains the
e-mail address. That field may only contain one e-mail address.
If you want to merge fields that contain more than one address, you will
need the assistance of third party software such as MAPILab's Mailmerge
toolkit add-in for Outlook http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/

DNDELL wrote:
Hi, I'm trying a merge for the first time using Word 2003 (intent is
the equivalent of a bulk email mailing - count too high for a bulk
list). Following an online script from Office Online. Everything's
great, Outlook Contacts selected, Letter written with inserts.
Previews look good. Where I'm stuck is in sending the Test Message.
I select Electronic Mail, and then "current record". But it then
prompts me with a field chooser for the "to" line, which I don't
understand. If I select "email_address", it then says "Microsoft
Office has found more than one mailto:". I thought I told Office the
email address when I selected the Contact. Clearly I'm missing
something. Please help & Thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The email addresses to which you want to send the mail must be in one of the
fields in your data source and it is that field that you must select when
you are prompted with a "field chooser for the "to" line"

To send a test message, you have the option of sending a message to the
Current record or using the From: and To: controls to specify the record
number(s) to which you want the test to be sent.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.