Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KenJoe KenJoe is offline

Default how to I link to and display some text from another soruce

I have a document, 20 pages. There is a section towards the bottom of the
document. Is it possible to select this text, and have it displayed at the
beginning of the document, as well as at the bottom, so that if the section
at the botton of the doucment is changed, the text at the top will be changed
also? Thanks

Ken
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman[_2_] Jay Freedman[_2_] is offline

Select the text and insert a bookmark to surround it. Then insert a REF field
where you want it to repeat. Or define a style that you apply only to the
text to be repeated, and insert a STYLEREF field where the repetition should
be. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm for more ways.

--
Jay Freedman

"KenJoe" wrote:

I have a document, 20 pages. There is a section towards the bottom of the
document. Is it possible to select this text, and have it displayed at the
beginning of the document, as well as at the bottom, so that if the section
at the botton of the doucment is changed, the text at the top will be changed
also? Thanks

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KenJoe KenJoe is offline

Thank you so much, your advice worked perfectly. I searched the web for two
days and could not find out how to make this work.

You help is very much appreciated!!!

Ken Joe