Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bernie Marquardt Bernie Marquardt is offline
Junior Member

Default Foreign accents

Hi there. I am always amazed at the ways of making accents in text. I type in several languages and over the years I got used to using for instance alt+130 (on the numeric keyboard) to render an é, or alt+164 to render a ñ. Now if I invoke the function in Microsoft Word to insert a symbol, it has other numbers to do the same thing, like alt+0233 for the é and alt+0241 for the ñ. (Notice the added 0). Both systems work. And I a believe in Word 2007, there are even additional methods to do this. Why isn't there a standard way? Will the old method (the one I am used to) be phased out?

Foreign accents not displaying Uddhava Microsoft Word Help 6 August 5th 09 04:29 AM
How do you add accents? PumpkinKingExtraordinaire Microsoft Word Help 3 February 10th 07 04:51 AM
Accents Riverturn Microsoft Word Help 2 January 25th 07 05:30 PM
Accents tan Microsoft Word Help 3 August 29th 06 12:49 PM
Using foreign language accents with Speech? birdfishy Microsoft Word Help 4 August 27th 05 05:11 PM