Ring

Default How do I put a picture in a Mail Merge database field.

I created a field called "Picture" and then put into the field the location
of the picture file. ( C:\My Documents\etc\ect\Filename ).

The picture is not displayed, only the file location that I typed into the
field.

Thanks for you help,

Doug Robbins

You need to insert that field inside an { INCLUDEPICTURE } field and the
path separators in the filename of the picture must be duplicated.

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Ring" wrote in message
I created a field called "Picture" and then put into the field the location
of the picture file. ( C:\My Documents\etc\ect\Filename ).

The picture is not displayed, only the file location that I typed into the
field.

Thanks for you help,

UrsaMajor

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get the INCLUDEPICTURE technique
mentioned in this forum to work. I am using Office 2003 (don't know if that
makes any difference, but there you are).

I have followed Cindy Meister's and Graham Mayor's instructions to the
letter, but my pictures will not appear. I've tried Ctrl+A | F9 on my merged
document (yes, I'm merging it first), but the outcome remains the same: I get
a picture placeholder in the area where my picture is supposed to be -- even
though I've unchecked the Show Picture Placeholders option.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I might be doing wrong? Any
constructive comments or advise would be greatly appreciated.

"Ring" wrote in message
I created a field called "Picture" and then put into the field the location
of the picture file. ( C:\My Documents\etc\ect\Filename ).

The picture is not displayed, only the file location that I typed into the
field.

Thanks for you help,

Graham Mayor

The probable problem is that you don't have the path correct.
Toggle the field in the merge source document and post back the content.
Given that you will not be able to cut and paste to e-mail, the following
macro will ensure you get it exact, if necessary.

http://www.gmayor.com/export_field.htm

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

You need to insert that field inside an { INCLUDEPICTURE } field and
the path separators in the filename of the picture must be
duplicated.

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges"
section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on
a paid consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP