Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mimi p. mimi p. is offline

Default convert MAC docs to word

I have old mac docs on disc but can't open them on my PC. Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of MacWord was used to create the files? What version of
WinWord do you have? Since you are asking about how to convert from one
version to another, do you think you should have helped us to help you
by including such basic information in your question? If the files are
on a Mac-format floppy disk, then your PC probably won't be able to read
the floppy.

mimi p. wrote:

I have old mac docs on disc but can't open them on my PC. Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mimi p.[_2_] mimi p.[_2_] is offline

I'm a luddite, sorry. I created the docs on my imac in appleworks then put
on disc.
switched to pc and microsoft xp and no go in reading those imac docs. Thank
you.

mimi p. wrote:

I have old mac docs on disc but can't open them on my PC. Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I'm not suprised it doesn't work. Word for the PC has no converter for
Appleworks. You'll need a third party converter eg
http://www.dataviz.com/products/conversionsplus/