Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Fritz Fritz is offline

Default Page numbers in a table of contents

I have a Word 2000 document in which I have created a table of contents using
"insert table of contents" then " Build Table of Contents using styles." The
TOC lists all the headings and pages fine except it doesnt list a page where
I have an attachment containing a table that is on two pages and can't figure
out how to make the TOC look like this:

ATTACHMENT A-------------------------------------12-13

The way it is now is the TOC lists page 12 but skips page 13.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Fritz

As far as I know, there is no way in Word to tell it to do what you want. It
is not usual in a table of contents to show the span of pages. It is usual
only to show the page on which the item begins.

And if you could do this, you'd need a way to turn it off for other entries.
You would not, for example, want

Chapter 1 Europe........ 1-6
France........1-1
Germany.....1-2
Italy............2-2
Slovenia......2-5
Sweden.......5-6

Chapter 2 Africa.......7-something

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Fritz" wrote in message
I have a Word 2000 document in which I have created a table of contents
using
"insert table of contents" then " Build Table of Contents using styles."
The
TOC lists all the headings and pages fine except it doesnt list a page
where
I have an attachment containing a table that is on two pages and can't
figure
out how to make the TOC look like this:

ATTACHMENT A-------------------------------------12-13

The way it is now is the TOC lists page 12 but skips page 13.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
roccogrand roccogrand is offline

Fritz,

If your document(s) requires to-from page numbers, you may want to convert
the TOC to text and manually add the numbers just before you are ready to
print.

LDN

"Fritz" wrote in message
I have a Word 2000 document in which I have created a table of contents
using
"insert table of contents" then " Build Table of Contents using styles."
The
TOC lists all the headings and pages fine except it doesnt list a page
where
I have an attachment containing a table that is on two pages and can't
figure
out how to make the TOC look like this:

The way it is now is the TOC lists page 12 but skips page 13.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Fritz Fritz is offline

Thanks, Shauna Kelly and roccogrand. I had tried everything I could think of
to do this. I don't feel so bad that I couldn't get it now. You wouldn't
believe how much time I spent trying to do this.
Fritz