Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Will123 Will123 is offline

Default track changes: deleted text

version 2002: deleted text reappears on documents? how do I permantly
delete so others reviewing cannot see?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"Will123" wrote

version 2002: deleted text reappears on documents? how do I permantly
delete so others reviewing cannot see?

The way I do it is this:

Turn on the Reviewing toolbar (if it's not already on). Type control-A to
define the entire document. Click on the "Accept all changes in document"
option under the "Accept changes" button on the Reviewing toolbar.

You can also do this paragraph by paragraph or even individual change by
change.

I find the Reviewing toolbar so useful I keep it on all the time but I do a
lot of editing. YMMV.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Once Track Changes is activated in a document the changes tracked will be
retained until they are either Accepted or Rejected. In the meanwhile,
turning the feature OFF only means that any further changes not be tracked,
but the unnaccepted/unrejected changes are still there. Docs with tracked
changes automatically open with the markup displayed so the user realizes
that to be the case.

When you no longer wish to continue tracking or retain the markup & changes
that have been tracked:

Turn Track Changes OFF
Accept or Reject each individual change (or use Accept All or Reject All)
Save the file

You might want to have a quite useful read he

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac