Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CalcTeacher CalcTeacher is offline

Default White space larger than page size

I'm running Word 2002 and I've encountered a problem that has me stumped.

I had a 112 page file which I used to print off Calculus flashcards for my
students. Each page contains a table with three rows of height 3.49" and
width 7.66" in order to print on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet. A page with three
questions was followed by a page with their three answers, to be printed on
the back of the questions. It worked fine.

To make it "easier" to print and to add a new flashcard somewhere in the
middle, I decided to split the file into two parts, one containing all the
questions and the other all the answers.

Here's the strange part... the questions file prints fine but the answer
file prints at about 2/3 the size so it doesn't line up on the back side of
the cards. The Page Setup settings are identical and the rulers are the same
in Preview mode in both files BUT the answer file shows more white space on
the answer file (as though the page size were more like 11" X 11" instead of
8.5" X 11".)

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

My first thought is that Track Changes, Balloons have been activated?
These are found under Tools, Options, Track Changes, change "Use
Balloons..." to Never.
Also turn off Track Changes, click the "TRK" on the Status Bar.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"CalcTeacher" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CalcTeacher CalcTeacher is offline

Dean:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That solved it! I've never even dealt
with Ballons before... Word still has some surprises for me

Tim