Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mollymalone mollymalone is offline

Default create a document with four different headers or footers

Hi, I'm trying to create a document with three different style headers and
footers ie cover page, contents page, a summary page & then the main
document. I have tried creating section breaks which allows me to create a
different cover page & contents page and summary page but when I try to
change again for the main document I cant.

Please Help !!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for details
on how to do different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"MollyMalone" wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to create a document with three different style headers and
footers ie cover page, contents page, a summary page & then the main
document. I have tried creating section breaks which allows me to create a
different cover page & contents page and summary page but when I try to
change again for the main document I cant.

Please Help !!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 06:01:01 -0700, MollyMalone
wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to create a document with three different style headers and
footers ie cover page, contents page, a summary page & then the main
document. I have tried creating section breaks which allows me to create a
different cover page & contents page and summary page but when I try to
change again for the main document I cant.

Please Help !!!

In each section, and in each header and/or footer in use in that section
(primary/odd page, even page, first page), you must turn off the Same As
Previous (called "Link to Previous" in Word 2007) in order to let it contain
different information than in the section before it.

This may help:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/H...ltipleSections

--
Regards,