Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TXmom TXmom is offline

Default How do I increase contrast of greyed-out header and footer?

I've used Word for years, but this is a different computer. When I try to
view the whole page, the header is so dim I almost can't see it and
definitely can't read it. I've tried changing the brightness and contrast on
the monitor, but that doesn't help, and I can't find any way to adjust the
contrast on greyed-out items in Word.

I'm using Office 2000 (MS Word).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TXmom TXmom is offline

Yes, I can. But I'd like to at least be able to clearly see where it is on
the page while I'm editing the main text. I have always been able to, but on
this computer I can't.

"TXmom" wrote in message
I've used Word for years, but this is a different computer. When I try to
view the whole page, the header is so dim I almost can't see it and
definitely can't read it. I've tried changing the brightness and contrast
on
the monitor, but that doesn't help, and I can't find any way to adjust the
contrast on greyed-out items in Word.

I'm using Office 2000 (MS Word).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

That does sound extreme, especially if the text is black and the image the
usual vivid colors. But if it's a problem just on a specific computer, and
adjusting screen brightness and contrast doesn't help, then I don't know
what to suggest.

"TXmom" wrote in message
I've used Word for years, but this is a different computer. When I try
view the whole page, the header is so dim I almost can't see it and
definitely can't read it. I've tried changing the brightness and
contrast
on
the monitor, but that doesn't help, and I can't find any way to adjust
the
contrast on greyed-out items in Word.

I'm using Office 2000 (MS Word).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Print Layout view, the header/footer areas are grayed, but I find them
still readable -- using multiple computers, it's always legible here. I
wonder if there's a problem with your monitor.

In Print Preview, the header/footer areas are not grayed. You can edit in
that view if you turn the magnifier off.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible