Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
howdylee howdylee is offline

Default scale background in Word 2007

when i change the page background to be an image, it lets me select the image
but doesn't allow me to select the option of keeping the ratio...
additionally, when i print the document the bkgd picture is tiled a zillion
times. how do i get the picture to simply fill the page and stay the same
scale? i don't want a watermark because i don't want to be able to click on
the image.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

howdylee wrote:
when i change the page background to be an image, it lets me select
the image but doesn't allow me to select the option of keeping the
ratio... additionally, when i print the document the bkgd picture is
tiled a zillion times. how do i get the picture to simply fill the
page and stay the same scale? i don't want a watermark because i
don't want to be able to click on the image.

The background image feature is broken, and has been for several versions. I
think it may depend on the printer driver you use, but personally I've never
seen it work correctly.

You can use a watermark. You won't be able to click on it unless you first
open the header area. (A watermark is just an image anchored in the header.
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Walt Walt is offline

That's frustrating. Especially when you say it has not worked for many
versions. Why then tease the user with the option?

The watermark does not work for whole page pictures.