Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
john schwa john schwa is offline

Default text box pasted: in margins and table

Why don't text boxes pasted into a new page line up exactly with the margins
and€”if present€”a table?

I have a grouping of two equal-sized text boxes as one object side-by side.
I'll be printing duplex the same dimensions text-box grouping of two as one
object for the two sides to form a booklet. In order to have symmetry, I've
set the margins to the exact dimensions of the object (of the 2 textboxes
grouped). Thats one approach.

The other is to have a table, with page margins set as above, dimensions set
to the same per equally sized textboxes of one row per page with 2 columns.

When I paste in either the one group object, or each of the two textboxes
into the 2 column table, why don't they automatically position themselves
within the margin, and for the latter within the table? Since the available
space in each method per page, and per table in the 2nd method , dont seem
like they should allow for anything to go beyond the boundaries, I dont see
how they can be placed anywhere but exactly within the same sized margins and
for the 2nd method, table. Non-textbox text under that scenario of margins
flows to the next page if needed, i.e. its placement is controlled by the
margins. Not the text boxes. It's driving me nuts. It requires a lot of
moving of the objects around to get them lined up perfectly.