Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Natalie Natalie is offline

Default Margins in landscape layout

I have a new problem with Word 2003, which I have been using successfully for
several years.
When I change to "landscape" mode the text and other content truncate at 4
inches from the right margin, no matter what I set the left and right
margins! It is as if some formatting option has been reset that I cannot
reverse. Same problem if I start a new blank document, change to Landscape
orientation and start typing - right margin truncates. This is true even
though the ruler bar at the top shows the margin on the right as I set it
(1", 1/2 ", etc) and the little arrow indicating the text margin is sitting
at the page margin.
If I open a file created on another computer, I do not have this problem.
I.e., I can take a Word document in portrait layout from another source,
change it to landscape layout and it flows to the right margin.
Any ideas what format option could have gotten changed on my system that
might truncate the right margin?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Natalie Natalie is offline

Thank you very much - that did the trick! somehow a default must have gotten
set to 2 columns. I did not get the error message you described, but
resetting the column setting to "one" seems to be the solution! Again, many
thanks.