Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default How can I resize clip-art?

I want to use clip-art in a church newsletter. At present, I am trying to
insert clip-art inside a text box and resize the clip-art. It was simple to
insert within the text box and include text underneath it. However, I have
not been successful in resizing. I do not want to use the handles because
that distorts the image. How can I resize (preferably by typing an actual
size in inches) but still maintain the proprotions. For example, set 4"
wide (or any size) and have Word maintain the correct proportions for
height.

Thanks,
MaryL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Right-click it, Format Picture - Size, make sure there's a check in the box
to maintain aspect ratio. BTW - You can proportionally resize most clipart
by using the corner handles. If not, hold Shift while you drag it.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/11/08 4:32 PM, in article ,
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

I want to use clip-art in a church newsletter. At present, I am trying to
insert clip-art inside a text box and resize the clip-art. It was simple to
insert within the text box and include text underneath it. However, I have
not been successful in resizing. I do not want to use the handles because
that distorts the image. How can I resize (preferably by typing an actual
size in inches) but still maintain the proprotions. For example, set 4"
wide (or any size) and have Word maintain the correct proportions for
height.

Thanks,
MaryL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

Thanks! Both of your suggestions worked very well (but not dragging the
corner handles without shift -- for some reason, that changed the
proportions).

MaryL

.. .